Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thoreau..

-Though I am old enough to have discovered that the dreams of youth are not to be realized in this state of existence yet i think it would be the next greated happiness always to be allowed to look under the eyelids of time and contemplate the perfect steadily with the clear understanding that i do not attain to it.

-A writer who does not speak out of a full experience uses torpid words, wooden or lifeless words, such words as "humanitary" which have a paralysis in their tails.

*Thoreau is one of my favorite writers up till this point. I would have never thought the day would come, where i would actually be willing to take nature this serious. Ive always been the type that enjoyed the outdoors, but was never really sensitive to certain issues such as (cutting down trees in the rainforest etc..) He's made me realize that a tree might just be a tree to me, but to people who appreciate it, its a whole world itslef. I agree with him in a lot of areas, and the main are would be that he takes nature as is comes, and is against people who damage it.Taking this class has really open my mind up to a lot of new things. I find myself looking at things very differently now, even the smallest things such as a leaf. Today i was observing a leaf that was on the ground for a long time, just to see what it really looked like. Ive learned a lot from Thoreau's writing and he has such a powerful impact and love for nature that hes still number one in my book {:

No comments:

Post a Comment